The gas industry witnessed significant shifts over the past years with the emergence of new supply sources including shale gas from the US, the fierce competition of coal in the power sector, the decline fall in oil and gas prices, changes in traditional trade flows, etc. At the same time, most scenarios see natural gas to play bigger role during the energy transition in the making than other fossil fuels.
EU power sector has been hit over recent years by both macroeconomic and industry-specific factors that have led to overcapacity and low prices. Such development led to a host of consequences including significant drop of utilities market capitalization (resulting in shareholder value destruction), disappearance of asset-related competitive advantages, requirement of new competencies to compete in new growth areas such as renewable energy and new downstream activities.
The 2018 edition of the International Gas and Power Summit will feature senior level executives from gas and power industry as well as non-industry stakeholders, and address the most timely and topical issues facing the global and European gas and power industry. The Summit sessions will focus on the most relevant commercial and strategic issues that affect both natural gas and power value chain.
Through very interactive sessions, the 22nd International Gas and Power Summit will address the following questions:
- Where will natural gas demand and LNG come from in the next 5 – 10 years?
- How can producers and buyers work together towards market consolidation?
- How are FIDs affected in today’s lower oil prices environment?
- How could renewables expansion impact the evolving role of natural gas?
- Implementation of COP21 Paris agreement: what are the main challenges and opportunities for the gas and power industry?
- Should power generators prepare for the mass electrification of personal transport vehicles?
- How is the electricity market liberalisation impacting the role of gas in the power sector?
- LNG versus Russian Gas competition in European markets
- What is the impact of LNG imports on European gas pricing dynamics?
- Exploring the relations between gas, power & carbon pricing
- How did low gas prices impacted infrastructure investments?
- Will the new LNG wave shake the global supply-demand balance?
- How are the innovation trends in European power markets impacting energy trading?